Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cold Comfort Farm and Twilight




Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons was excellent. Great, crazy characters, hilarious, 1930 (or 50s can't remember which) setting, romance. It was quite unexpectedly enjoyable. Not much else to say about it other than its greatness. :)





Twilight by Stephanie Meyer was also excellent in a completely different way. It sounds silly...definitely a teenage girl book...but it was fun. I couldn't put it down. I finished it in a couple days and it's around 500 pages! They're making a movie of it, and I'm way excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Dan,

I know just what you mean. The premise is ridiculous--a teenage girl falls in love with a vampire. Who would read a book like that? Plus, the book's so unabashedly romantic. But Meyers creates believable characters and really knows how to keep you turning pages. Even as a picky reading grown-up, I couldn't put it down (though I often felt a little silly, even in the privacy of my own cozy bed, and did get a little tired of the author constantly reminding us Edward has cold hands and Bella is clumsy). I've read all three. I call them book candy--light reading that may not be nourishing but is definitely fun.

2/16/2008  
Blogger Danielle said...

Yeah, she did repeat things like that quite often :)
It's more like book chocolate with me since I'm addicted! ;D

2/16/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home