Monday, June 29, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Henry DeTamble is a librarian with "Chrono Displacement" disorder. At random times he suddenly disappears and finds himself in the past or future, usually at a time or place of importance in his life. From his point of view, he first met his wife Clare when he was 28 and she was 20. She had known him her whole life. The book alternates from Henry's point of view to Clare's. Publisher's Weekly described it as an "intriguing science fiction concept, a realistic character study, and a touching love story".

I thought it was fantastic! The characters had a lot of depth and the story was believable, even with the time travel. It was funny, touching, and even tragic. I recommend it! 



5 Comments:

Blogger Cristi said...

Awesome Dan. I've seen this book around but didn't realize the title meant actual time travel. I will pick it up next time!

6/30/2009  
Blogger Cheri said...

Interesting concept. Thanks for the helpful review, Dan. I'll keep my eye out.

7/01/2009  
Blogger Cheri said...

I started reading it standing next to the Costco book stacks while I waited for Debbi in an eye apt. I got pretty wrapped up just in that short time.

7/17/2009  
Blogger Irish said...

I am one of those ones that really didn't like the book at all ... As a bookclub we all thought the same thing .. It is interesting to read other peoples views of a book ... I think this book will be one of those that the movie is better than the book for me :)

8/09/2009  
Blogger Duck said...

I loved this book. It sat on my shelf for months, because I could not stomach a sappy unrealistic love story. But I was so wrong. It was fantastic. I was drawn into the story, followed the plot without trouble, and was sad for it to end. Cannot wait to start the new book, Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger!

10/20/2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home