Thursday, April 06, 2006

No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

I just finished the first book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, which Lisa gave me, and it was really good. It wasn't what I was expecting though. I was expecting a silly mystery like Nancy Drew, but it turned out to be much different. She doesn't do all the crazy things Nancy does. Her cases involve things like daughters who have boyfriends when they aren't supposed to, hubsbands that might be cheating, and doctors who have twins. :) It was really interesting, too. It had a lot of African history and things in it besides just the detective part. Precious Ramotswe (the #1 lady detective) is very clever, and witty. I liked her a lot! Well, that is it!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

For those who aren't familiar, this is the first in a series of books featuring Mma Precious Ramotswe, "the traditionally built, eminently sensible, cunning proprietor of the only ladies' detective agency in Botswana" (from the publisher). I haven't read any of them, but don't they sound fun?

4/11/2006  
Blogger Cheri said...

does sound fun!

4/23/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home