Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cold Mountain, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and Who Will Run the Frog Hospital

Lisa's been bugging me, but I figured I'd finish Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close first, then do a 3 in 1 :D.

So Who Will Run the Frog Hospital was first. It's a short novel about a woman's teenage years. Her best friend gets pregnant and has an abortion and it's just about their hardships I guess. To be truthful it was a little bit confusing, so somebody read it and then they can do an amazing blog on it!

Next, Cold Mountain! It was sooo good! And I really cried, like HARD, the last like 5 pages. I loved it soo much! Definately Top 5 material. And I'm pretty sure there's another blog already on it, so I don't need to talk about it!

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was amazing! It's about a boy named Oskar who finds a mysterious key after his father's death on September 11th. So he's searching for the lock. He has "heavy boots" a lot but the people he meets searching for the key help him through it. It's really great...I think it's on Cris's top ten??
Anyway, Love ya'll! :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Um, Danielle? could you maybe clarify? was I bugging you to post about your reading or just bugging you in general? ha ha

To have "heavy boots," by the way, is Oskar-speak for being sad or depressed. Isn't that good? I haven't read this book yet but I read about it and I am looking forward to borrowing it back from Dan.

4/08/2007  
Blogger Danielle said...

haha i meant bugging me about blogging. i didnt mean you were annoying :D

definately read it lees, its...for some reason the word that popped into my head was delicious :D haha love ya

4/12/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home